The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Physician Recruiter opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of successful recruiting experience including at least a year of experience recruiting physicians; healthcare experience is required.
- Experience working with multiple healthcare systems is highly preferred.
- Solid cold calling skills and experience.
- Strong sourcing skills; experience using job boards and social media such as LinkedIn.
- Experience with contract negotiation.
- Polish and comfort working with C-level executives and physicians.
- Adept at phone assessments.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite applications.
- The ability to travel approximately 10%.
- Self-motivation and a history of achieving results.
- Pro-active -- ability to stay two steps ahead of Medical Directors.
- A results-oriented mindset; the ability to regularly meet and exceed goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy with a positive, upbeat attitude.
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Manager of Provider Recruitment, as Physician Recruiter, you will work out of our Indianapolis office and be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and contracting physician and mid-level provider candidates for Envision Healthcare client hospitals. This is full-cycle recruiting, from requisition to offer, requiring a polished, high-energy recruiter who is comfortable working closely with executives and physicians, as well as collaborating with internal team members. This is a meeting heavy role (for example, you will have calls with most of your accounts weekly) requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities. To succeed in the role and fit with our culture, you will be proactive and driven to succeed as measured by key metrics, including the number of interviews and hires per month and quarter.
You will join a team in our Indianapolis office, including another Physician Recruiter and a Recruitment Coordinator, and support approximately 10 accounts (hospitals) with a combined 15 and 22 open requisitions, on average, at any one time. You'll focus heavily on recruiting ER physicians, as well as physician's assistants and other medical personnel. Additionally, you will partner with sourcers located at our site in New Jersey. You will enjoy the benefits of sourced candidates at times, but sourcers are assigned the top priorities across all of our client accounts, so you should be comfortable doing the majority of your own sourcing. Some of your specific essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying part-time and full-time physician and mid-level provider candidates for client hospitals.
- Prospecting candidates utilizing tools, such as cold calling, database sources, the Internet, and journals.
- Determining marketing/recruiting approach through recruitment planning for each assigned facility.
- Informing and sending candidates information regarding hospital location and compensation.
- Matching candidates to multiple positions for division and company-wide opportunities.
- Providing detailed information to providers regarding the hospital, compensation plans, malpractice insurance, community facts, and Envision & EmCare.
- Obtaining verbal or written references from previous medical directors, nurse managers or staff physicians.
- Obtaining complete file, screening candidates via referencing, and reviewing for qualifications and a suitable match for each position.
- Coordinating itinerary for hospital interviews and real estate tour for candidates, including arrangements with hospital administration.
- Following up with candidates throughout the recruiting process, including offer, negotiations, relocation, contract signing, and the first month of work.
- Providing detailed entry of all information and tracking candidates in the company database.
- Compiling compensation survey information.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed information on hospitals.
- Developing strong relationships with candidates and hospital administration.
- Representing the Company at conferences and job fairs.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Work with credentialing and scheduling to ensure all credentials of physicians are complete and physician is scheduled.
- Follow-up on all questionable references.
- Interact with members of the divisional team, including the Divisional Manager, Divisional Chief Operating Officer, and Divisional Chief Executive Officer to convey information in a timely manner.
- Work with Finance through a verbal offer (Recruitment Coordinator will take over the contract phase after the verbal has been accepted).
More Good ReasonsHigh profile impact -- we are committed to your success. Because we are the largest division and Recruiting is such a crucial function, this role offers a great platform for making your mark.
Career development -- while you could be happy and successful in this role for years to come, once you prove yourself you may also pursue advancement opportunities within our company. Some opportunities would require relocation.
Flexibility -- we understand that recruiting is not a 9-5 profession. As such, you will enjoy a good deal of flexibility. While you will initially be in the office five days per week, the required number of in-office days could be reduced over time and you will have some flexibility over your start and stop times.
Strong partnership -- if you're coming from a vendor/client scenario, you know how frustrating it can be: often at odds, constantly negotiating, working at cross-purposes. In our joint venture model we've created a relationship based on common goals and a shared vision. Yes, there will be some negotiations, but on the whole you will find this a highly collaborative environment.
Booming growth -- as we continue to expand, we're hiring with an eye to the future. To put some numbers around it:
- Currently, about 12% of all emergency room visits in the U.S. are attended to by an Envision/EmCare physician; in some states, it's more than 25%!
- Over the past five years, we have increased our contracts 600%.
Compensation and benefits -- in addition to a competitive salary and incentives, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package with everything you'd expect, such as insurance and paid time off, and a few surprises, including a range of insurance choices, a laptop and cell phone.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this role, you will build strong relationships with key personnel in your client hospitals, as well as in Indianapolis and across the wider recruitment organization. You'll also be driven by key metrics and work meet and exceed requirements, including:
- 3 placements per month (quarterly average).
- 9 interviews per month.
- The ability to multi-task and collaborate with others in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- A knack for quick planning whether for an existing project or one that is brand new.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, verbal and written.
- An upbeat attitude.
- Effectively utilizing all our recruiting tools along with the myriad external resources available to recruiters.
- Significant experience with social media and how to use it effectively for recruiting.
EmCare ... A Trusted Industry LeaderFor more than 40 years, EmCare has been a trusted, dependable partner for hospitals and other healthcare organizations nationwide, and a comfortable home for many of the nation’s most skilled and trusted clinicians. EmCare is equipped to help your organization not only reach current goals such as improved patient safety, increased efficiency, reduced hospital readmissions and other value-based purchasing targets, but also to help you thrive in the new healthcare ecosystem. Our focus remains on hiring the right people, partnering with hospitals and physicians to generate sustainable growth and using meaningful metrics to support improvement.
Organizations have the option to contract with EmCare and our affiliated companies for a single service line or multiple service lines. Synergies occur when multiple solutions are contracted through EmCare.
Service lines include:
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Acute Care Surgery
- Radiology and Teleradiology
Today, no other company offers the depth and breadth of services provided by Envision, as we continue our focus on Pioneering the Delivery of Care™.